Gigabyte GA-7N400 Pro 2 Review

• Ease of Set Up

willyboy's review of Gigabyte GA-7N400 Pro 2

Gigabyte GA-7N400 Pro 2

“The Gigabyte GA-7N400 Pro 2 is an excellent...”

Written on: 11/11/2006 by willyboy (2 reviews written)

The Gigabyte GA-7N400 Pro 2 is an excellent motherboard. It is very reliable. I have 2 and they are both superb!

I have had slight problems with running 3Gb memory.

I read mushymarlil's comment. And don't know how mushymarlil manged to run full memory. Is it 3200, 400 or running at 333?

• Ease of Set Up

• Over 1 Year

Time Motherboard Owned

Mushymarlil's Response to willyboy's Review

Written on: 17/12/2007

I did have to update my bios to get it to recognise the full 4GB and it was running at ddr400 (pc3200) but since then I have made a few changed. Im not only running 1GB in dual channel (pc3200 timmings at 2-2-5-2) on a 1:1 ration with my cpu which is running at xp3200 2.2Ghz 400Hmz fsb and I've changed my graphics card to a gainward geforce 6800gs/xt "GLH" edition.
<br/>If you are having problems getting your ram to run at 3200 speed (400Mhz) first make sure it is spec'd to run at that speed. and you can also have a look in the advanced settings in the bios. Just enter the bios as usual (hit del) then on the main bios screen press Ctrl+F1 and you should get more advanced options in the bios and there will be more options that now show up in the sub menu's good luck