Norton Antivirus 2006 Review

Reviewer100's review of Norton Antivirus 2006

☆☆☆☆☆
Norton Antivirus 2006

“I've always thought a computer virus was an unwanted...”

Written on: 10/11/2006 by Reviewer100 (25 reviews written)

Erm...tried long and hard to think of one...still thinking...

Now this question's easier to answer...everything about it, and the only way you can truly delete it is to reformat your hard drive and start again.

General Comments
I've always thought a computer virus was an unwanted piece of software which sits on your hard drive, corrupting other software, slowing your PC down and generally causing a nuisance. So imagine my surprise when a I paid £25 for a virus called 'Norton'. I just wanted the software to sit there and monitor data traffic as I browsed the internet. Norton Antivirus dominates your computer, and unless you do everything it wants you to (to the letter), annoying pop-up alerts appear. It also allowed virus's in, even with the latest updates downloaded. Unfortunately I ignored the pleadings of a computer boffin thinking that Norton 2006 must be better than previous versions. He, all his computer boffin friends, my work colleagues and company geeks and now me are spreading the word. Never, never, never, ever let the software near your computer even if it's free!!! I've now changed to Kaspersky (loosing my Norton subscription), which is a dream and updates daily. If anyone who works for Dell is reading this, any chance of getting Norton taken off the freebies software when you buy a new PC?