On The Beach Holidays - www.onthebeach.co.uk Review

Bumbles222's review of On The Beach Holidays - www.onthebeach.co.uk

“I booked my holiday with them after reading the...”

Written on: 06/11/2006 by Bumbles222 (1 review written)

None

They only communicate by email

General Comments
I booked my holiday with them after reading the reviews about the hotel, and I found out Los Alisios in Tenerife doesn't have a restaurant. I began to get really worried, as I had booked half board. After contacting On The Beach Holidays several times, they finally admitted that the hotel doesn't have a restaurant. This was the night before my departure. They said we could go to Los Alisios Self Catering and have £300 towards restaurant costs. I said "no", as we had booked a 3 star hotel in Tenerife ona half board basis. This was in the half term school holidays in October 2006. They only offered us 1 hotel in Puerto de Santiago while we were on our way to the airport, and the hotel was a million miles from Los Cristanos where we were supposed to go.

Tamaimo Tropical was like one of the hotels from hell. No food, crockery or cutlery and lots of noise. On The Beach Holidays admitted it was their fault, and they have yet to come up with some compensation. I booked this holiday in June of 2006, and apparently the hotel was taken over 2 days after I had booked. On The Beach didn't notify us of these changes; we informed them! Everything is done by email, which some people don't like. My husband emailed On The Beach Holidays several times with no reply. After arriving home on the Friday and checking our emails, we had received an email to say Los Alisios does do a special package for half board.

What a disappointment after saving up all year.

Visit onthebeach.co.uk