Garage Defender Review

iwatson's review of Garage Defender

“I fitted this PJB locking device to a garage I was...”

Written on: 06/11/2006 by iwatson (1 review written)

Good idea to secure an up & over garage door by means of a ground fitted lock as no drilling is required into garage door or brickwork.

Bright colour attracts attention. Poorly designed & not nearly strong enough - can be cut or levered back from garage door without too much difficulty.

General Comments
I fitted this PJB locking device to a garage I was renting for storage to give piece of mind as my flat was half a mile away. On arrival at the garage one day I saw the securing bar had been cut off & the garage opened. It turned out that the owner had lost my contact details & my direct debit for the rental had lapsed so he forced entry. He said he had cut it off with a cutting disc. i.e. If someone needs in, this device won't stop them.

As I said, I think the basic idea is good, but the assembly needs to be redesigned to be much stronger, to do away with the space between the support arm & the garage door & also for it to be more discreetly coloured.