Sony MZ-R90 US Review

• Sound Quality

Garth.'s review of Sony MZ-R90 US

Sony MZ-R90 US

“My advice is not to buy it. Fork out a little more and...”

Written on: 05/07/2001 by Garth. (1 review written)

The size of this is VERY nice as it is about the size of a MD and the thickness of 3. This is the only good point though!

If you want to record your minidiscs on this and play them on someone elses hi-fi DON'T buy this recorder. I had two, the MZR91 and the MZR90 (they are exactly the same just a different colour). The problem is with the really small recorders is that they record bits of the music track in the wrong order. So when you play it back the music "drops out". You will probably not notice this on the MZR90 (or 91) as it has a 40 second antishock in which it can sort the music out, but if you play it on a hi-fi that has no anti-schock the music is coming straight from the disc and not via some anit-shock memory, here is where the music will probably "drop out". I found that I had this problem with 1 out of 3 discs. Which is too much for my liking.

General Comments
My advice is not to buy it. Fork out a little more and get yourself a hi-fi and then a personal MD player not a personal MD recorder. This will cost you more, but I think that it is worth it.

3290_Bboyc-Prince.'s Response to 2776_Garth.'s Review

Written on: 05/08/2001

um... a hifi system cost ALOT MORE than the player/recorder and it's got no use for most of us. we can just pop a cd into the computer and record right from the computer and we can also record MP3 from the computer... so my suggestion is... BUY THE MZ-R90 and a PC LINK. that's all you need. NOT A HIFI SYSTEM. A HIFI MD SYSTEM IS USELESS TO MOST OF US AND IT COSTS 700 US DOLLARS.