Goodmans GDB3 Review

presdeed's review of Goodmans GDB3

Goodmans GDB3

“Originally posted review on the 12th April 2005, as...”

Written on: 24/10/2006 by presdeed (2 reviews written)

Looks OK

Doesn't work

General Comments
Originally posted review on the 12th April 2005, as the Goodmans GDB3 box didn't work properly. Usual thing turns itself off, looses channels, etc. Since then, I have contacted Goodmans asking why they are still selling the units through Argos, etc., when they know they have an inherent problem with the software. Apparently it's not their fault, it's the BBC's - work that one out. Requested I send the unit back to them for a software upgrade, which I did at the end of April 2005, but unit still doesn't work properly and now requires the installation process every time I turn it on. I'm going to send it back again soon and I'm not really bothered whether I get it back or not, either that or I will take a hammer to it in the back garden for a bit of light stress relief. Ferguson unit still working perfectly and since, bought a Sagem unit with a hard drive, absolutely brilliant, can't fault it.

My advice stay away from Alba PLC products, every one I've had has been junk, from Breville kettles to Goodmans TV's. The TV sound has failed completely and it's less than 3 years old, total garbage.

• Over 1 Year