Jewel In The Crown Holidays Review

CKE's review of Jewel In The Crown Holidays

☆☆☆☆☆

“I booked a two week holiday to Turkey with Jewel in...”

Written on: 15/10/2006 by CKE (3 reviews written)

None

The reps
Had to go home a day early

General Comments
I booked a two week holiday to Turkey with Jewel in the Crown Holidays. After our first week we were called over by the rep, who informed us that we were being flown home early due to the 'bombs' going off. Now, had we been staying in the resort where this had happened or had the tourism board declare Turkey as 'unsafe', then we would not have minded so much. But that fact we were hours away from where the explosions took place, and Turkey was still a safe place to travel to, we could not understand why our flight had been cancelled. When we questioned as to why, the response we received was "accept the change, or pay for another flight with a different airline". We were offered no form of compensation to make up for the fact we were being flown home early.

On the journey to the airport we asked a different rep why, and she explained that it was down to the airlines and nothing to do with Jewel in the Crown, or the bombs. So instead of flying home on Sunday the 10th of August we were flown home at 2am on Saturday the 9th of August, so we lost our Friday night, the whole of Saturday and Saturday night. On take off, the captain made an announcement, saying he wanted to make it clear that the reason flights had been cancelled was solely down to the tour operators not wanting to pay for flights that weren't completely full, so they were saving money by canceling and moving everybody on to one flight, and that it had nothing to do with the airlines.

Once home I sent Jewel in the Crown Holidays a letter complaining, and I also emailed this. But guess what? Yes, that's right, I have received no acknowledgement or compensation.

Have you booked through this tour operator before?