Gamo P-800 Review

Skitebird's review of Gamo P-800

“I had been thinking about getting myself an air pistol...”

Written on: 27/09/2006 by Skitebird (1 review written)

Price & build quality.

Accuracy.

General Comments
I had been thinking about getting myself an air pistol for a few months when I got my Gamo P-800. I'm not well off money wise but have always purchased a quality product for any hobby I have tried. I really was not sure if this would be a five minute fad but I had done some reading and decided to purchase the Weihrauch HW 45. By chance I found this review page and whilst reading some of the comments, I was surprised to read that the inexpensive Gamo P-800 had received some excellent reviews from people who had actually bought the pistol. The Weihrauch HW 45 retails at about £190 and the Gamo P-800 at £36. Obviously the Weihrauch has more power and is a more refined product, but was it worth me spending an extra £154, just to see if this was a fad? I decided on the strength of the reviews to give the Gamo a go. I purchased the Gunset which came with Pistol: target trap, 3 targets and a tin of 250 pellets for £46 from Uttings. I have had it for a couple of days now and can recommend it as excellent value for money. The only real weakness is the accuracy, as the sites are very basic but taking into account the price, you really can't complain.