Performance Power Cordless Drill 18v Review

paule's review of Performance Power Cordless Drill 18v

Performance Power Cordless Drill 18v

“I have used this Performance Power 18V Cordless Drill...”

Written on: 27/09/2006 by paule (1 review written)

This is a very versatile drill.

Until recently there were none, however after over 5 years of "heavy duty use", the pinion has stripped on the very robust Johnson motor.

General Comments
I have used this Performance Power 18V Cordless Drill for over 5 years and I would recommend it to anyone who is after their first semi pro drill. Apart from a recent pinion problem, it has been an invaluable cordless drill, having a good balance and feel about it. I have managed to get a replacement motor with pinion, so the drill is not finished yet! It should last another 5 years at least.

It was also until recently, the main drill I used. I have now purchased the excellent Power Craft 18v cordless drill, this is now my main drill.

Alanch's Response to paule's Review

Written on: 17/01/2007

I have had my Performance Power 18V Cordless drill for 5 years, and it has been excellent. The charger has just packed up, but the battery was still going strong.
<br>
<br>Does anyone know who makes them, and if it is possible to get a replacement charger and batteries?

Paule's Response to paule's Review

Written on: 12/01/2009

I have now (due to the Powercraft18 v charger not working) purchased the Powercraft 14.4 v cordless hammer drill.

Paule's Response to paule's Review

Written on: 22/12/2008

Hi ajmorganuk , I have got a few spare batteries, I know its a bit late, but if ur interested, contact me!<br/>I am in Wales.<br/><br/>Paul

290869_Ajmorganuk's Response to paule's Review

Written on: 28/05/2007

Where can I buy a second battery. Where did you get the motor from? I am looking for a spare battery, as it takes 5 hours to charge the battery, which is not much fun! Help!!
<br/>