Ford Escort Mk2 RS2000 Review

• Performance

• Practicality

• Reliability

sonikk4's review of Ford Escort Mk2 RS2000

“I owned mine for 12 years, and I bought what I thought...”

Written on: 21/09/2006 by sonikk4 (1 review written)

Fast car with excellent handling, and economical when driven legally.

If the dreaded rust disease has taken hold, it will need constant attention.

General Comments
I owned mine for 12 years, and I bought what I thought was a good car, but it turned into a monster, so I spent the next 4 years rebuilding and modifying it up to a much better condition. With the modified engine I spent many happy hours blasting up and down the autobahn's scaring much more powerful cars, or so they thought, and generally wearing a big grin.

It was a reliable motor driving back to Scotland from Germany on numerous occasions, without a hiccup. The only real problem being the loud exhaust, but it did sound really good coupled with the gargle of the twin 45's.

I would love to have another one (the previous one had to go when I bought my new house). I just need to convince the wife.

• 1980

Year Manufactured

• Practicality

• Reliability

Cleekerdelux's Response to sonikk4's Review

Written on: 06/09/2009

I found this review helpful because...it is honest and concise......AND TRUE !