Premier Genista Review

• Sound Quality

• Appearance

jazzdrummer's review of Premier Genista

Premier Genista

“I bought my Genista back in 1997 - almost 10 years...”

Written on: 16/09/2006 by jazzdrummer (1 review written)

Looks good, sounds good & great value for money

Premier stopped making them!

General Comments
I bought my Genista back in 1997 - almost 10 years ago. At the time, these were very popular, even to the point that you would turn on Top of the Pops each week and see at least 1 of these on stage. The sound great and look great too - I love the large acorn like lugs and think they really look the part. I often have good comments about how the kit sounds at gigs, so it can't be all that bad. The great thing for me at the time I bought this was that it was a great pro kit, at a non-pro price. My personal opinion is that Premier didn't realise just how good these were, and therefore may have priced them too low. That was great for me because I felt I had a real bargain on a new kit.

I also purchased another popular brand a couple of years back as a spare/practice kit, and got rid of it straight away as in comparison it was rubbish - un tuneable, dull and frankly not as nice to play. This other kit was the same price range as a used Genista (and this other kit was also used), but didn't give me the right value I knew I could get from a second hand Genista. If you ever get offered one, or have the chance to buy one, I'd recommend one to any drummer out there.

• Sound Quality

• Appearance

• Advanced

Reviewer's Musical Standard

Bjblom's Response to jazzdrummer's Review

Written on: 17/04/2008

Best kit i have ever had. It sounds great pitty they stopped. I have a 7 piece kit with a $600 Yamaha snare drum. It is excellent.