Webley Patriot Review

• Accuracy

• Handling

jacksniper.'s review of Webley Patriot

“Just bought a .22 cal Patriot a few days ago after...”

Written on: 12/05/2003 by jacksniper. (1 review written)

Accurate, well built, devastating power

A little heavy for the small lads.

General Comments
Just bought a .22 cal Patriot a few days ago after wanting something more powerful than my RWS .177. Along with the gun I order a few different cans of pellets ( beeman Crow Magnum and Silver Bear, Bejamin Diablo, and Predator Ballistic tips. I was instantly impressed by the high quality craftsmanship (aside from the shameful sights). The bluing is very deep, the stock is beautifully designed. First shot was with the Predator pellet in my back yard. Put out an old, heavy, large ,plastic drinking cup at only 15 yards, shot and totally missed. The crackle from the gun sounded like a .22 rimfire. Next tried the silver bear pellet, totally missed, couldn't even see where the pellet hit. Tried the Crow magnum this time and blasted it right in the center. This time it didn't sound like a rimfire? All I could think is what the hell is going on here. Did a little research and concluded both pellets that missed the target were breaking the sound barrier and tumbling into space. I'm no ballistic scientist but can anyone tell me why a .22 rimfire doesn't tumble after going mach? Anyway, the sheer power of this gun was devastating to that cup. I tested the RWS with the same style of cup and the pellet bounced off going 800+ FPS!!! The .22 Crow Magnum penetrated both walls of the cup without knocking it over and made an exit wound the size of a quarter. Took the gun to the field for some Jack rabbit hunting and found the gun to be highly accurate (and deadly) using the crow magnum. However this pellet has a very short range. I may suggest using the Benjamin Diablo for longer ranges. This pellet was devastating at 50+ yards and super accurate. The pellet itself is much more refined than any other so I think this helps with it's great accuracy. Overall this is a great gun and have no regrets...I will keep it the rest of my life.

• Accuracy

• Handling

116681_Jake.'s Response to 96967_jacksniper.'s Review

Written on: 18/07/2003

if any one nows ow to stop this air gun snaping screws please email me. I ahave had nothing but trouble with this gun from day one..and it has crocked the stock were the last screw gose in behind the trigger gaurd.

Tallguy606's Response to 96967_jacksniper.'s Review

Written on: 03/09/2007

My Patriot was ever so slightly sliding back and forth in the stock. I mixed up some 2-part epoxy and sawdust, half and half, greased the back half of the action and the front of the action near the holding screws, spread expoxy mix onto stock, and bolted everything back together. Wipe of any oozing excess. Next day, gun is rock solid, better accuracy, no breaking screws because action fits exactly into stock, no movement at all. Easy to remove action if wanted. Makes a great gun better. Also did this with my R1.

Cnsane's Response to 96967_jacksniper.'s Review

Written on: 03/12/2003

That would be called blue Loc-Tite and allen head bolts, Jake. I believe the front two are 1/4-28. The stock cracked by the trigger guard because you let the front bolts get loose and the guard screw was trying to anchor the action. I don't have one bit of trouble with mine at over a thousand shots, but always check the tightness of all my bolts and screws before I start shooting.