Tom Tom Go 300 Review

• Clarity of Instructions

• Map Accuracy

John raf's review of Tom Tom Go 300

Tom Tom Go 300

“I bought the Tom Tom 300 after much research for the...”

Written on: 10/09/2006 by John raf (8 reviews written)

The Tomtom Go 300 is so dam accurate, especially if the location has a postcode and street name and house number, it takes you to the door, and tells you what time you will arrive, which updates as you drive if needs be! The speed indicator is more accurate then the natural one in the vehicle, good for those spec radar traps where you can drive on the 40mph limit with safety and find yourself passing all but fools!

Nothing really bad about the device it would be wrong to say so! But the manual was obviously written and checked by a chap who knew the thing inside out, when they should have used the cleaner lady, that said I would not buy any other make, best to phone a friend for instructions on the odd occasion you are puzzled!

General Comments
I bought the Tom Tom 300 after much research for the website transportcafe.co.uk where I wrote two articles about Tom Tom. The reason I mention this is I was extra fussy and careful. I think it sums it all up to say I would not want to be without it, it can save you miles off fairly local travel because it knows the shortest way between all points, which you can never do yourself, it's the opposite of a white elephant! Ruddy wonderful, but the service is not as Dell quality, so don't expect another delivered to your door and the old one taken away. Trying to find contact details was terrible, I eventually acquired fullest possible contact information from elsewhere!

Marcusm's Response to John raf's Review

Written on: 16/10/2006

Very curious about your pleasure at overtaking in a 30 or is 40 limit. Hope your Tom Tom alerts you to small pedestrians. Marcus.

John Raf's Response to John raf's Review

Written on: 24/10/2006

Actually on reading my review again, I see I did not mention overtaking in 30mph zones, just spec camera zones, which are on motorway situations where you are required to, and it's safe to drive at 40mph which is the limit. Even the police would not like you driving at say 30/35mph in that situation and causing an unrequired tailback. I always adhere to 30mph, and generally less in built-up areas (I support 20mph zones) and get tailgated for it, so rest easy! I love kids, adults, and all animals, even stopping for a frog crossing the road, which I observed, stay happy!
<br/>John

John Raf's Response to John raf's Review

Written on: 24/10/2006

Ah! I should dot the I's and cross the T's, but it can take so long. If on the motorway and in spec camera zones you can drive at the real 40mph in safety, and know you are NOT breaking the law, and it's SAFE! Of course, whilst those with normal speedometers which generally read fast, and they have to drive for miles at a slower speed. I do not drive at the limit in 30mph zones, but I can drive at 60mph in 60mph zones that are safe to do so. The point being safe and legal, simply because it's very accurate; at least mine is!
<br/>Thanks for pointing out the ambiguity of my words.
<br/>John