The Connection, Shipley Review

• Quality of service

• Quality of food

mariew's review of The Connection, Shipley

“I used to go to Connection every week when I was a...”

Written on: 04/09/2006 by mariew (2 reviews written)

Friendly staff, good pizza.

Smoking area can come into non smoking. Can take a while for you to get the staffs attention.

General Comments
I used to go to Connection every week when I was a child and it was great but it seems to have gone down a little. The menu and appearance of the place has been the same for over 20 years. Think they tried to change the menu last time I went but all they had done is changed the names of the dishes? I took my parents and family there recently for a meal as they used to do for me and came away disappointed. I had chicken fajitas which it was nice but there were no mini sweetcorn in as stated on the menu and I don't no how they can justify charging £12 for the dish! My mum got Tuna which was clearly not fresh rather like cardboard so I asked the manager "is the tuna fresh or frozen?" the reply I got was that it was fresh when he got then was put in the freezer? and he would have to travel to the coast to get fresh fish! OK. Anyway we got that dish free after they admitted it shouldn't have been sent out in the first place.

I don't get why they put things on the menu that they can't do justice to when they do such good other dishes.

Apart from all that pizza, burger good desserts to die for.

• British

Food Type

• Under £5

Average cost per head

• Once or twice a year

How often do you eat here?

• Family-oriented