John Lowe Golden Darts Review

MikeHart's review of John Lowe Golden Darts

John Lowe Golden Darts

“John Lowe golden HERO Darts ”

Written on: 01/09/2006 by MikeHart (1 review written)

Fast flat trajectory

Long points, cost

General Comments
John Lowe golden HERO Darts

I've got 22.39g's mine are set with short unicorn xl poly stems and cheap poly kite flights.

I've been using 90% tungsten Lowe 22's for about 7 years, finally got round to 'updating' to the gold hero 95%.

Couldn't find any reviews for these darts anywhere so have added my 2 cents here (1st stop on Google).

Differences, smaller than the 90% about 4-5 MM of the length and a couple off the circumference. This is usually considered a good thing, but bare in mind these darts are very small to start with.

This affects the balance so I'm currently toying with circles flights as even the kites are a little on the large size for my current throw.

I wouldn't bother with the standard squares as these will overbalance.

If small darts don't suit you're grip then these are not for you.

The 'golden' coating, firstly this is a coating and has already started to show signs of wear. This doesn't bother me as it wears it's protecting the tungsten and prolonging the life of these darts. The 90's are brittle enough with the eventual wear on the grip persuading me to update.

Additional grip/? I think the coating does reduce slip /marginally and could assist people with the lighter sets or people who are coming down in weight but nothing to write home about.

The 'Phil Taylor grip' -it is good. My old set was square grooved these are angled and I can tell the difference. Although you do lose some of the grip strip as the whole dart is slightly smaller, but still in the same proportion, which is a shame in my opinion.

everything else

t95 and weight etched onto the back of the barrel, nice touch but do not expect it to last. Signature etching lasts about 6months-year.

case, stems and flights.

Case is poor -plastic faux metal =bin.

Square flights -far too big for these darts and probably put most people off which is a shame.

long xl stems - not bad a little long, again these darts are so small they balance with shorter stems and smaller flights.

Lastly points and the only real drawback, take the supplied spears to your local dart shop and ask them to be removed immediately and disposed of accordingly. Short to medium points only or you remove the major advantage of these darts- their flat trajectory and speed.

If I'd wanted a long dart I'd have bought one; and nobody wants a long dart with its centre of gravity up by the flights as someone has decided to put a harpoon on the front.

(I think the 90%'s had a similar setup/apologies I can't remember)

I reappointed my own (but have the tools) not to bad, but I don't recommend if you have not done this before as these are expensive darts and you're local shop should charge you around 4£.

overall excellent darts.

still the best darts around.

A lot of people that try my darts are actually shocked at how easy they are to throw and how much better they score.