Hopi Ear Candles Review

AndreaG's review of Hopi Ear Candles

Hopi Ear Candles

Hopi Ear Candles is a strange treatment and tends to...”

Written on: 24/08/2006 by AndreaG (242 reviews written)

Clears your ears, without causing any painful infections.

None

General Comments
Hopi Ear Candles is a strange treatment and tends to take around 40 minutes. I have had it done twice now, they say that you really only need it doing about once a year, which is what I have had done. It is weird as you can hear the candles crackling and it gives a tingling sensation in your ears. But is really does work at removing wax out of your ears. I have suffered with ear infections in the past after having my ears syringed but I have been fine both times with the Hopi Ear Candles.

Bertie's Response to AndreaG's Review

Written on: 25/08/2006

Andrea..........I must point out that Wikipedia says:-
<br/>
<br/>"Ear candling is generally classified as pseudoscience or quackery by mainstream medicine, as no scientific evidence supports it."

Andreag's Response to AndreaG's Review

Written on: 25/08/2006

Mainsteam medicine will often say that about alternative medicines, but for me, the proof has been in the pudding, I had my ears syringed, which is a modern way of removing ear wax and subsequently had 3 very bad ear infections, 1 which kept me off work for 6 weeks, yet the hopi ear candles have caused me no problems at all.
<br/>They come from the Hopi Indian tribe and have been used as an alternative treatment for a very long time. However what works for one, may not work for another, that is why we have the choice.