Garmin nuvi 310 Review

• Map Accuracy

tonymgr1710's review of Garmin nuvi 310

☆☆☆☆☆
Garmin nuvi 310

“I bought the Garmin n vi 310 at the end of May, and...”

Written on: 16/08/2006 by tonymgr1710 (2 reviews written)

Design, speed of signal pickup

Spoken directions. Bluetooth update

General Comments
I bought the Garmin n vi 310 at the end of May, and like a previous review was pleasantly surprised with its speed at finding signals. That and the natty design and cradle was super. HOWEVER, thats where it all goes, I received a message to update the bluetooth firmware, so off I went and search the internet until I found this third party supplier (Not Garmin).

So I updated the firmware, which as they said would eliminate the message and stop it from needing a reset every time I started it. Alas that was not the case. In the end I gave up trying to contact Garmin who were worse than useless with support and sent the unit back to where I had bought it from.

On the spoken directions I found that although accurate they were given far to much in advance, so much that when visiting the Cotswolds, the spoken direction was left, however this should have been after the right turn on the screen.