Smeg Fab28 Review

• Durability

• Style

• Service & Support

justtara24's review of Smeg Fab28

“I have had the Smeg Fab28 fridge for 5 years, and it...”

Written on: 12/08/2006 by justtara24 (1 review written)

It looks lovely, and I designed my whole kitchen around this fridge, which makes the fact that it is such a bad buy even worse. It is going to cost me a fortune to move units etc to accommodate a new fridge now.

The door seal went, then the icebox. I had a service man out, and he told me it was our own fault for opening the door incorrectly! He fixed the ice-box, but then it broke again.

General Comments
I have had the Smeg Fab28 fridge for 5 years, and it cost a fortune. I expected to have it for at least 15 - 20 years. Living in Ireland, it would cost 600 Euros for a new door and then the cost of fitting it. It would be cheaper to buy a new fridge.

• More than 1 year

Owned Product For:

• Durability

• Style

Appledude's Response to 255045_justtara24's Review

Written on: 08/05/2008

Again it seems as if SMEG is unhelpful with the consumer, blaming them for not opening the door properly?