NTL Review

• Reception

• Reliability

• Extra Features

cantab's review of NTL

“Six years ago I would have recommended NTL without...”

Written on: 01/08/2006 by cantab (1 review written)

When I started with NTL about six years ago they were fine, but not any longer.

The customer service is simply very poor. In the last year I have found that I have regularly had to contact them. They have done away with their free number, and when you are paying for the call, waiting times on average of 20 minutes is terrible. The people who answer the phone are not helpful, and they simply do not resolve the problem. One of the problems I've had is TV channels such as BBC1 coming up with the message you're a non-subscriber. This was put down to the heat. While not a techie, I realized this was nonsense.

General Comments
Six years ago I would have recommended NTL without question to friends. Now I'm about to leave. They simply do not care about the quality of their service provision, ie. if you wait on the line for less than 20 minutes, well that will not happen, and of course you're paying to tell them they are not providing services that you are already paying for. When you get through you are met by staff who clearly have no training in how to solve the problem. Their only response is "remove the smart card and wipe it" for every problem you have.