Fasthosts Internet www.fasthosts.co.uk - Post May 2006 Review

StewartHR1's review of Fasthosts Internet www.fasthosts.co.uk - Post May 2006

“I set up a test domain so I could check the...”

Written on: 25/07/2006 by StewartHR1 (1 review written)

It's cheap and has lots of bells and whistles.
Website was fairly easy to set up.
Support responded to emails within an hour.

Webpages were very slow to load.

General Comments
I set up a test domain so I could check the performance of FastHosts before transferring my main website. I wanted something that had a bit more storage than my current host, provided perl and .NET, and had a generous bandwidth allowance. I bought their "Business Hosting" package.

Setting up the site was fairly straightforward. I used FTP to upload pages, and set up scripts. However, it was immediately obvious that pages were very slow to load. I used iWebTool to check the server speed. On average it took 3 times as long to load pages on FastHosts than on my current web host that day.

I emailed support to find out if it was a temporary problem. They responded quickly (within an hour). The problem seemed to get fixed, but the following day the servers were slow again (varying from 3 times to 15 times slower). So I cancelled my account based on these 2 days and asked for a refund under their 30 day promise.