Tannoy DC 2000 Review

• Sound Quality

Geoff C.'s review of Tannoy DC 2000

Tannoy DC 2000

“I have owned a pair of DC2000's for around 13 years. I...”

Written on: 23/04/2003 by Geoff C. (1 review written)

Efficient, dynamic, believable sound, always pleasant to listen to.

Not many, maybe plain black looks??

General Comments
I have owned a pair of DC2000's for around 13 years. I chose them after listening to just about everything, at the time, between £200=, and £800=. These were going for around £300= at the time and I was lucky to get a discount.

I have played around with sound recording and mixing and find these play live recorded sound in a very natural way. They sound great at low and high levels. They may not be the best in the world, but I have never felt the need to change them. They are at home with all types of music. I know some huge speakers go lower - but these do a reasoable job in the bass. Some speakers are smoother but these make a beleivable sound - not artificial in any way.

Other speakers I have owned:- Rogers LS3/5A; Musical Fidelity MC2, Celestion Ditton 22; Celestion UL6; Celestion Ditton 15. - to mention a few.

The Tannoys have outlasted all these (although the LS3/5A's are still technically mine - my Mum is using them).

Geoff C's Response to 91651_Geoff C.'s Review

Written on: 18/02/2004

Can't think why I didn't recomend these (I was Geoff C) obviously these are not a current model. If you see a pair second hand in good condition they are a very worthwhile purchase. Test before you buy.