Gear Zone www.gear-zone.co.uk Review

paddyp's review of Gear Zone www.gear-zone.co.uk

“I ordered two tents from www.gear-zone.co.uk on the...”

Written on: 20/07/2006 by paddyp (3 reviews written)

Customer Service give you the run around, passing you from person to person.

Misinformation from customer services.

Changing delivery period criteria after you pay.

Over charging.

Taking payment before processing or dispatching your order.

False assurances of delivery dates.

General Comments
I ordered two tents from www.gear-zone.co.uk on the 8th July 2006. I was informed that the delivery time was 3-5 working days when placing the order on the Internet. On Monday 17th I called to find out why the order had not been delivered. I was told that my order had not been processed because the data they held on the expiry date of my card was incorrect. They were missing the last two digits. I gave them this information. I checked the order confirmation email I'd received on the 8th July and found that their email contained the correct information. Somehow they must have lost the data I thought......

I asked when the order would be dispatched and was told, "later that day". I telephoned the next day (Tuesday 18th) to enquire about the dispatch because the courier had not arrived. I was told that the order had been processed and had been sent to the courier for delivery.

I gain telephoned on Thursday 20th because I'd not received the order. I was told that the orders had a 14-21 working day delivery period. I informed the gentleman on the phone that I'd been told earlier in the week that my order had been processed and dispatched. He told me that it had not been processed yet and that I would receive it until July 27th at the earliest.

The last customer service person told me that they had received a huge amount of orders and that the stock they had was already allocated and dispatched. This leads me to think that the fact they 'lost' my card expiry date was only a stalling tactic.

To add to this pathetic series of events, they have already taken the money from my account, and over charged me. They took £123 instead of £104.

• 2 tents £104

• Still waiting

Visit gear-zone.co.uk

Gearzone's Response to paddyp's Review

Written on: 02/06/2009

Hi all,<br/><br/>I would just like to take this opportunity to offer my sincerest apologies for the issues you had with Gear-Zone in 2007-2008.<br/><br/>We have since changed ownership and the team responsible for the site during those days in long gone. We are now back on top form, just like the halcyon days of 2002-2005, with the same ranges and price that everyone liked, but with extra special emphasis on Par Excellence customer service.<br/><br/>We're answering the phones 7 days a week!<br/><br/>Pre-charging for orders has been canned, we will only charge for items once they're ready to leave us.<br/><br/>I know that once lost trust is hard to regain, but I would like to offer people to try our service now and see what a difference we've made to the experience.<br/><br/>Once again, we'd like to apologise for our previous incarnation, but we're a new and improved beast now!<br/><br/>Gear-Zone (June 2009)

gear-zone.co.uk