Canon EOS 350D Review

pixiedot's review of Canon EOS 350D

Canon EOS 350D

“I had never handled A Canon EOS 350D digital camera,...”

Written on: 19/07/2006 by pixiedot (12 reviews written)

Superb handling.
Very user friendly.
Very easy to use, with lots of user settings.
The photos straight from the camera are excellent.

None.

General Comments
I had never handled A Canon EOS 350D digital camera, and I never cared to own one as I always read, to quote "the camera is tiny and looks like a toy."

I was talked into trying one when I went into a store to buy a laptop, and the guy said he would give me a discount. I was very surprised how well it fit in my hand, and I don`t have tiny hands. The camera could have been designed just for me! All the controls fall very readily to hand. Auto white balance in outdoor use is fantastic. Focusing is very precise and always spot on. Exposure in so accurate. It feels very well made, and certainly does not look or feel like a toy-sic. I love it, and know I am just going to get superb photographs straight from the camera. This is very important to me, as I HATE doing PP. I have eventually set it as thus; Auto W/B.. Highest sharpening.. Middle or one above contrast.. High saturation and always on minus 1/2 EV. These settings give me the results I love; sharp, bright photos. Try them, you have nothing to loose. I have printed lots off at 14 inches, and they are unbelievably stunning, and they are praised by whoever I show them to.

It is a superb camera, and I feel confident it still will be in in a few years, as it will always give excellent photos no matter what age has passed by.

BTW, I detest the strap supplied, as it is really stiff and uncomfortable, so I bought a soft cheap one to replace the Canon one.

I stepped up from my Sony DSC-H5 to buy this, and at the time I thought the Sony was the be all and end all of super photos, until this came along. The difference a Digital SLR makes is like chalk and cheese. Digital SLR is virtually instant to shoot with, and you can shoot off one picture after another without losing any time at all, and the viewfinder is brilliantly bright. Get one and you will never look back once you realise the major difference between this and other digital cameras when it comes to photo quality and speed of use.

Pcguru1952Kid's Response to pixiedot's Review

Written on: 02/09/2006

Wanted good fully manual digital camera to compliment fuji fine pix 480 point & shot camera only owned canon EOS 350 D since 11/7/2006 so still lots to learn but have yet to be disapointed - gets low light shots even the fine pix would fail to get but fine pix has built in video clip, audio record, marcro function, fine pix iso stops at 400 canon far higher as are the shutter speed / F numbers but as such fuji will stay in bag for use as & when needed.

Themaninthevan2001's Response to pixiedot's Review

Written on: 21/11/2006

The Canon EOS 350D is a complicated digital camera to use, but it's very professional.