Flint River Ranch Dog Foods & Cat Foods Review

evaq's review of Flint River Ranch Dog Foods and Cat Foods

“My shelter rescue rat terrier mix eats Flint River...

Written on: 19/07/2006 by evaq (1 review written)

Easily digestible, and dog likes it.

I can't think of any.

General Comments
My shelter rescue rat terrier mix eats Flint River Ranch Dog Foods and Cat Foods with gusto. I don't have to spike the kibble with anything, although he thinks that is totally acceptable, and at times I DO add some quality leftovers, but he cannot count on that! He is 7 years old and his skin and coat are in great condition - no skin allergies, as have many terriers in Houston's semi-tropical climate, and his coat is shiny and glossy. An added bonus is that Skip's stools are generally firm and of less volume than when he has been on some kibbles that are more grain based. He eats about 1 cup per day, a little more when he is especially active (like when it's not 100 degrees outside). The kibble smells fresh when a new bag is opened. I store the kibble in a tightly lidded plastic container to preserve it. Ordering it online is no trouble, and the cost differential is absorbed by not having to travel by car to purchase it. Delivery takes about 1 week.

I highly recommend this dog food. I have tried other brands - NutroMax comes to mind, but unless FRR becomes unpalatable to my cherished pet, we will continue to use it.