Dove Summer Glow Review

• Quality of Colour

• Durability

nellyhighwater's review of Dove Summer Glow

Dove Summer Glow

“I'm extremely fair and I never ever tan, I've tried...”

Written on: 11/07/2006 by nellyhighwater (3 reviews written)

Nice Smell
Just like putting on moisturiser
Looks natural and even
Does not come off on clothes
Gives you a healthy glow
When you have a bath does not all come off your skin at all and make the water brown.
Cheap

Don't expect a serious Dale Winton tan its not meant for that, its just meant to give you an all over healthy glow and sun kissed look, this is a good point really.
the Fair to normal does not work as well as the normal to dark.
It seems to work best on the areas that tan well any way.

General Comments
I'm extremely fair and I never ever tan, I've tried Fake Bake, St Tropez and they both take ages and ages to put on and sort out, look streaky and over orange, come off on all your clothes and hard to wash out, make bath water and shower water dark brown as well as your towels afterwards and after all that your back to your normal colour after just a few days.

I brought Dove Summer Glow, normal to dark, accidentally thinking it was a normal body moisturiser and was amazed by the results. Put it on after a bath or shower at night on dry skin just as you would a normal body moisturiser you don't have to religiously cover every part cause you build it up over a few days, it'll take you 2 Min's. In the morning you'll notice a very light tan instantly, it'll just look like you were out in the sun all day the day before. Do this routine every night and you build up a very natural tan. Remember fair people are not meant to be too tanned it looks unnatural and I have been told by many men that they think women who look too tanned look awful.

Whats strange about Summer Glow is that the product doesn't even look like a tanning product when it comes out the bottle it just looks like a moisturiser, I have no idea how it works because it is not dark enough to dye the skin. It has never come off on any of my clothes your bath water stays crystal clear, as I say its nothing like a tanning lotion I've ever used before, the only explanation I can think of it that it works differently from normal tanning.

The lotion smells great and makes your skin softer than any lotion I've used before as well.

The only draw back I would say is that its not going to make you look like you've been on holiday for the past month, it is a very light natural glow/tan.

Tip: I'm fair and using normal to dark, I have not tried the fair to normal but judging by the other review on here it may not work as well.

However I will say that what works for me may not work for you, as I think it all depends on skin types etc.

• A couple of times