Tefal Pro Express Turbo Model GV8110 Review

• Durability

• Style

• Service & Support

marti winston's review of Tefal Pro Express Turbo Model GV8110

“I make my living by ironing other peoples clothing. ”

Written on: 06/07/2006 by marti winston (2 reviews written)

1. Easy to use.
Slips across garments like a wet cake of soap slips in your hands.
2. Rapid water heating.
3. Pressure trigger underneath the handle for easy index finger use.
4. Excellent service from the company.
5. Can refill the tank while you iron.
6. Cord retracts.
7. Adjustable steam pressure.
8. Hose and special hook-up to rinse out the tank.
9. Can lock iron onto base for easy carrying when you want to put it away.
10. Can iron vertically as well as horizontally.
11. Uses regular tap water.
12. 150 grams of water/steam per minute.
13. 5 bars of pressure.
14. Marker line on tank so you do not over fill.

1. The handle is a bit sharp and rubs against the inside of the thumb.
Can be remedied with a small bit of electrical tape on the handle.
2. Even though the tank holds as much water as any other steam iron (approximately 1 liter), since the iron gives off 150 grams of steam per minute, the tank empties out quickly.
3. Does not give off strong steam for an extended period of time.
4. No storage place for hose, just a wrap around hook.
5. Turbo button gives off same amount of pressure as does the pressure trigger. Not a stronger amount. It is a gimick.
6. Turbo button gets in the way when ironing normally since the handle is angled down in front, one's thumb tends to slide onto the Turbo button.

General Comments
I make my living by ironing other peoples clothing.

I had a Tefal 2850/2860 for years now and was very happy with it till one day, after 4 years of constant use the cord exploded.

While it was in the shop having the cord replaced ($15) I bought the Tefal Pro Express Turbo.

I paid approximately $410.00 for this iron.

While I loved my old iron, this one is definitely a giant step forward..

The Pro Express Turbo (P.E.T.) has much more steam per minute and 5 bars of pressure!

It takes out most wrinkles but for really stubbor, set wrinkles one needs to apply a bit more pressure than usual.

Generally speaking, Tefal irons are the best on the market today.

All others pale in comparrison.

The special Tefal coating allows you to iron effortlessly.

I am disabled and if I can use this iron, anyone can.

Since I iron continuously for hours on end, the main drawback I find with the P.E.T. is that after half a swipe of one section of an adult sized shirt while using full steam, the iron loses most of it's pressure. I need to wait about 10 seconds for it to build up again.

Usually I just iron without pressing the steam trigger during this time and save the steam for the bad wrinkles.

My old Tefal never ran out of steam pressure.(But then again it only had 70 grams of steam per minute and 3 bars of pressure)

Also, since the P.E.T. gives off 160 grams of water/steam per minute, I need to refill the tank every 20-30 minutes which is twice that of my old one.

If you have a regular home and need to iron only 5-6 shirts at a time, this iron is fantastic.

If you need to iron 100 shirts a day like I do, then perhaps a different Tefal model is for you.

Since the name says Pro, I expected an iron that would iron exactly as this one does but with a larger tank or at least one I do not need to refill every 30 minutes.

None the less, this is an excellent iron!

• Under a month

Owned Product For:

• Retractable cord, lock to hold iron on base for ea

Special Features