Quebec City, Maison du Fort Review

louana's review of Quebec City, Maison du Fort

“My wife and I stayed at the Maison Du Fort Hotel in...”

Written on: 05/07/2006 by louana (1 review written)

The location
It was clean
The price

Too small and too noisy
No amenities, and no bathtub
Small rooms with no air conditioning, no phone, and no ice for cold drinks.
small breakfast.
No parking facilities.

General Comments
My wife and I stayed at the Maison Du Fort Hotel in Quebec for a long weekend during the legendary winter Carnival. It is a shame that everything except the hotel was enjoyable and pleasing. The rating is based on the fact that the hotel is not accurately rated on Trip Advisor reviews. This was to our surprise a simple two star B&B style accommodation.

We were expecting 3 to 4 star after reading all the vast reviews on the review Centre site. We will agree with most comments regarding the owner and the location. However, we were very disappointed with the size of the room. It was very small. We felt very claustrophobic.

This B&B would be OK if you were guaranteed one of the larger room, but be aware that some of the rooms, although very nicely decorated, are very small with no amenities and facilities whatsoever. In fact, we had no bathtub! We even had to eat breakfast out each morning after having the very light serving they say was included in the price.

We knew it wasn't going to be a luxury hotel experience at La Maison Du Fort, but I expected it to be better than average, considering there has been several good reviews, and with it being the number one hotel on Trip Advisor!

On the bright side, the inn was within my lodging budget, and the owner was very friendly. However, I wouldn't go back.

I would assign a 1 star at most to this establishment. The rooms sizes and facilities look nothing like they published on their deprived website.

Sorry to say we will not return to La Maison Du fort, or recommend it for that matter.