Gear Zone www.gear-zone.co.uk Review

zibby's review of Gear Zone www.gear-zone.co.uk

“I placed an order with gear Zone on 3rd May 2006 for 2...”

Written on: 27/06/2006 by zibby (1 review written)

Easy to order from the website

Absolutely no customer service for after sales or order queries

General Comments
I placed an order with gear Zone on 3rd May 2006 for 2 Maglite torches and 1 sleeping bag to use at T in the Park. One torch was sent out within a week with a cover note saying the other 2 items were out of stock, and that the expected delivery date for the torch was 14 working days, and the sleeping bag within 21 working days - all very well. The second torch arrived after 21 working days, and I still haven't received the sleeping bag. Despite numerous phone calls and a couple of emails asking when I can expect delivery of the sleeping bag, I've had no contact from the company. In fact Gear Zone claim to be so busy with orders that they turned their phones off. What's the point in that? Today I emailed the company cancelling the remainder of the order.

Gear Zone may be cheap, but that's obviously due to cutbacks in the customer service staff. I won't use them again, and I wouldn't recommend them to anyone who wants something in a hurry.

• Sleeping Bag and Torches, £75

• Still waiting

Visit gear-zone.co.uk

Gearzone's Response to zibby's Review

Written on: 02/06/2009

Hi all,<br/><br/>I would just like to take this opportunity to offer my sincerest apologies for the issues you had with Gear-Zone in 2007-2008.<br/><br/>We have since changed ownership and the team responsible for the site during those days in long gone. We are now back on top form, just like the halcyon days of 2002-2005, with the same ranges and price that everyone liked, but with extra special emphasis on Par Excellence customer service.<br/><br/>We're answering the phones 7 days a week!<br/><br/>Pre-charging for orders has been canned, we will only charge for items once they're ready to leave us.<br/><br/>I know that once lost trust is hard to regain, but I would like to offer people to try our service now and see what a difference we've made to the experience.<br/><br/>Once again, we'd like to apologise for our previous incarnation, but we're a new and improved beast now!<br/><br/>Gear-Zone (June 2009)

gear-zone.co.uk