Beeman SS1000 Review

• Accuracy

• Handling

vinceb's review of Beeman SS1000

“It turns out that there are at least 2 different ...”

Written on: 19/06/2006 by vinceb (46 reviews written)

Sights

Accuracy, woodwork, metalwork, velocity, trigger

General Comments
It turns out that there are at least 2 different Beeman "SS1000" models out there, the one I had was the "lower end" model that frequently sells for under $100.

The woodwork was poor, showing a number of sanding sworls while the metal finish, stamping, and bluing was not up to other cheap rifles (Quest, Shadow 1000). The trigger was NOT the "two-stage adjustable" type that's on the better model, it was a simple direct-sear - and it stunk.

Velocity was sub-par, below 800fps with 7.9 gr Crosman Premiers. Accuracy was equally mediocre - my best group was over an inch at a measly 10 yards.

Overall, probably the biggest disappointment I've had in an air rifle.

• Accuracy

• Handling

Sifu456's Response to vinceb's Review

Written on: 30/06/2006

That's what the word is on the Yellow forum I started to buy another SS-1000 in .177 for $149 combo, thinking if its as nice as my two .22 SS/Gh 1000s that would be a deal. But I've been reading the disappointment buyers are having buying the non adjustable trigger and cheaper SSs and I aborted that feeling of wanting to buy a bargain.
<br>
<br>It seems like the old saying if it seems like too good of a deal, It isn't.
<br>I still think my .22 caliber SS/Gh-1000s are bargains with crystal clear Beemen AO scopes and solid Beeman mounts. That shot 5 1 hole groups at 10m and dime size groups at 25m. More accurate then my beloved Gamo Supreme .22 both can make 80 yards shots on 4" clays.
<br>
<br>Sorry that you bought the cheap one, I really wish they would have not marketed the non adjustable trigger version. Because unless I can handle it I won't buy another. Unless its from the people that sold me my other rifles for the same price.

Davidperez57's Response to vinceb's Review

Written on: 07/03/2007

The trigger is not adjustable and is the absolute worst I have ever seen. Piece of junk. Beeman has stooped to a new low. There other air rifles, R1, R9, etc are much better. What a black eye for a company that prided itself on quality. CEO of Beeman, are you listening? You should be fired!!!!!