Taba, Hyatt Regency Hotel Review

J2daLeigh's review of Taba, Hyatt Regency Hotel

“I was a little apprehensive about going to Egypt prior...”

Written on: 17/06/2006 by J2daLeigh (2 reviews written)

The hotel staff were so friendly and accommodating. They went out of their way to make the stay enjoyable. Accommodation itself was maintained to a high standard, with clean rooms and facilities and great swimming pools - all three of them!!

Because we stayed at the Hyatt for 14 nights, by the end of the stay the half-board buffet became a little predictable, but then I'm not sure that Egypt is really well-known for it's wonderful food.

General Comments
I was a little apprehensive about going to Egypt prior to departing given the recent bombings in Dahab, but upon arrival I realised there was no need to have been worried. Security was excellent - lots of security checks on the way to the hotel and back to the airport again. The Hyatt Regency was a great hotel - the best in Taba from what we could see, and this was also the opinion of the the locals there. The accommodation and hotel staff were fantastic. Taba is about a 6 hour bus journey from Cairo, so we didn't see the pyramids and usual tourist attractions, but there were enough activities in Taba to keep us entertained for 2 weeks. The hotel is very spread out, so even at peak times it felt quiet and relaxed.

I would recommend it to anyone who asked, and a great time is guaranteed. This hotel would make me keen to stay at other Hyatt hotels in the future.