Navman 520i Review

• Clarity of Instructions

• Map Accuracy

akajonnyg's review of Navman 520i

Navman 520i

“I have a Tom Tom One and my girlfriend has a NavMan...”

Written on: 17/06/2006 by akajonnyg (1 review written)

Better than nothing!

Poor Directions, Very Quiet Voice, Takes you on and off motorways at service stations and restricted exits (EG works exits)

General Comments
I have a Tom Tom One and my girlfriend has a NavMan 520i. What a world of difference! The Tom Tom is excellent and gets you where you are going quickly, and efficiently. It also has a choice of fastest, shortest, avoid motorways and walking routes. The graphics are clear and the voice very audible! The NavMan is the opposite - I used it for 2 weeks and could take no more. It had me going up dirt tracks to motorways, off a bridge onto the M25 (30 feet below), off at restricted works exits. It struggles to get you to the general area, nevermind to the door. DO NOT BUY ONE. I am trying to get my girlfriend to sell hers and buy a Tom Tom or one of the new Sony's! PS I do over 10,0000 miles a year and use Sat Nav every day - I could only take about 4000 miles with the NavMan. In summary the Tom Tom saves you loads of time and money. The NavMan is better than nothing (or even just a map) but only just!