Beeman SS1000 Review

• Accuracy

• Handling

Steve Ellsworth's review of Beeman SS1000

“I love it. ”

Written on: 16/06/2006 by Steve Ellsworth (2 reviews written)

Once sighted in it's deadly accurate
1 hole groups at 50 foot with 1 inch penetration in redwwod using Crosman hollow .177 points.

Heavy - off hand shootng would be tough - buy a sling.
It is a chore to cock it
Picky about ammo.
Scope is a bit underpowered for me. ] A 40mm would have been nice but for 179.00 for the whole deal I cant complain too much.

General Comments
I love it.

Do not try to use Gamo ammo in the Beeman SS1000. They do not chamber correctly. Too long. You will shave lead in the chamber. I thought my first one was a lemon and took it back. Only to find out it was the ammo which was the issue. Haven't tried any others yet but shorter rounds seem to be the trick. Crossman rounds are super flat shooters.

I oiled it up before sighting it in. Trigger seemed better on this one than the first. It could be lighter but it's way better than most.

Looking forward to getting a 22 in this flavor.

• Accuracy

• Handling

Doug24's Response to Steve Ellsworth's Review

Written on: 07/07/2006

I found that the most accurate pellet for mine was the gamo hunter 1\2" @ 40 yards. the best I could do with crow magnums was 1.5" and with silver bears about the same however I did get sub 1" groupings with match and lazer pellets at 40 yards.

Vevlouis's Response to Steve Ellsworth's Review

Written on: 28/12/2006

Do u know the airgun's energy?