Dove Summer Glow Review

• Quality of Colour

• Durability

PixieOfDoom's review of Dove Summer Glow

Dove Summer Glow

“I bought the Dove Summer Glow Fair to Normal Skin body...”

Written on: 12/06/2006 by PixieOfDoom (104 reviews written)

I bought the Dove Summer Glow Fair to Normal Skin body lotion because my legs are practically translucent, and I wanted to be able to wear short skirts without tights in the heat, without blinding people with the sheer whiteness of my legs. The idea is you use it in place of your normal moisturiser, and after about five days you start to see a hint of a tan-like colour where you apply it. My skin is so fair that it took 2 days to start seeing some colour, which is brilliant, except the colour I'm seeing is a little yellowy, so my legs (the only place I've used it so far) are starting to look slightly jaundiced. It also seems to work faster and darker on the drier parts, such as my anklebones and my knees, so in sunlight, I have slightly yellow lines around my ankles and a couple of patches. Otherwise, it's fine. I figure I'll carry on for a few more days (it's now had 4 applications) and see if the colour evens itself out or looks any less odd.

Having said that, my skin does no longer look translucent, and my legs overall look a bit better. But I really am dubious about the colour. I have never used self-tan before because I worry about it being too dark, too orange or stupidly streaky. I would never have thought to worry about it looking yellow, hence the non-recommendation. Someone who isn't as fair skinned as me might have better results with the colour.

• A couple of times

Results

• Quality of Colour

Xoxhaylzxox's Response to PixieOfDoom's Review

Written on: 07/05/2007

I found that it looked yellow too. I went to visit my nan recently and she asked if I was feeling poorly. When I answered no, she said "you look a bit of a funny colour, are you sure your not jaundiced?" I couldn't speek for laughing as I realised it was the Dove Summer Glow.