RWS 34 Diana Review

• Accuracy

• Handling

JerryL99's review of RWS 34 Diana

“I bought a RWS 34 Diana in .22 Cal. put a RWS C-Mount...”

Written on: 09/06/2006 by JerryL99 (2 reviews written)

Styled very nice, great power, feels good (other than a bit heavy ) Acuurate at least as I am?

Heavy, noisy, recoil is a bit much, Too many plastic parts.

General Comments
I bought a RWS 34 Diana in .22 Cal. put a RWS C-Mount on it and a better RWS scope the 300. (very very nice scope compared to the 350 scope) Sighted right in and is powerful. Have about 300 shots through it so far . Got the whole deal for 275.00 ( that scope is a reg 160.00 - 180.00 scope got it for 90.00

I was so impressed that I found another 34 in .177 on sale it was the combo only differance is that it has the RWS cheaper scope (350) gun also is great but same feelings about it (heavy, loud and strong recoil, and too much plastic. I have about 200 shots through it.

As these guns both break in I will make up -dated posts. I think just as a precaution I will be ordering spare plastic parts, rear and front sights, triggers, and barrel seals.

Never know about these companies today even the old time ones.

Well safe shooting to everyone have fun and maybe a few 10 ringers whatever

• Accuracy

• Handling

Written on: 12/06/2006

Well so far what i have observed is that The RWs 34 in .22 Cal shoots best as far as accuracy with the RWS Super H Point Field Grade 14.2 grn. pellet or the RWS Meisterkugeln Professional Line .
The RWS 34 in .177 Shoot best with RWS Meisterkugeln Professional Line 8.2 Grns. I haven't made any penetration tests as yet on target shooting and killing paper at 55 feet to 75 feet.
I have tried several brands of pellets from Beemans/Crossman/Gamo/Daisy/Tech Force etc and they are all over the paper. I use the pellets I mentioned above and I get 3/4 - 1 in groups. So I'm happy.
Take care ...safe shooting ...have fun ...and enjoy. Jerry.

Written on: 12/03/2007

Hi dookietx's
<br/>
<br/> Thanks for your comment and your findings ....Enjoyed Your Post .
<br/>
<br/> Oh I did order a GMT Spring Kit and the special tars. Built my own spring compressor and took down both guns. Put the new spring into the .22 It fired a Lot smoother but the power was cut back to a level that I didn&#039;t like so I put the stock factory spring back in it .
<br/> What I did was take the gun totally apart de burred / honed everything that moved ...slid .....or was hinged. Then lubed the parts accordingly with whatever tars or grease.
<br/> The guns now shoot VERY smooth and no twang or vibration to speak of I&#039;d still like to make or get made a guide and follower etc for the stock springs .
<br/> I don&#039;t have a chrony so the stock and tune up velocity wasn&#039;t checked or compared.
<br/> Take Care Have Fun Shoot Safe .......... JerryL

Dookietx's Response to JerryL99's Review

Written on: 12/03/2007

I had the same problem with my scope running out of adjustment. While shopping for adjustable mounts, I decided to remove the scope and shoot iron sights.
<br/> Rear sight was maxed out on elev. and still was shooting low. Took gun apart, cleaned lubricated reassembled and what&#039;s this? Now it&#039;s shooting approx. ten inches high.
<br/> Put scope back on and it rezeroed. I&#039;m still waiting on a proper scope mount, however the point of my post is that barrel droop although likely in your case is only one possibility.

Crimson Sky's Response to JerryL99's Review

Written on: 04/09/2006

Armbar, All RWS Diana rifles (I have the Diana 34) have what&#039;s known as Barrel Droop. This means that the rifle barrel (The breaking part) is pointed slightly down in relation to the rest of rifle. This is not a design flaw, just a fact of most break barrel rifles and some side levers and others. Barrel Droop is not a problem when you are using the factory iron sights, because these are mounted directly on the barrel. Once you put a scope on it however, its a whole other story. What you need is an adjustable one piece scope mount like the B-Square 17101 (the one I use) or the Beeman Adjustable. Both of these mounts allow you to raise the rear of the scope enough to compensate for barrel droop. The RWS C mount is adjustable as well.
<br/>
<br/>There are even non adjustable, "fixed mounts" available that are permanently raised at the rear to compensate for barrel droop, and they come in two fixed elevations. Try www.straightshooters.com, they sell all these units. As does www.pyramydair.com. Hope this helps. Safe shooting.

253845_Armbar's Response to JerryL99's Review

Written on: 03/08/2006

I just got a 34 yesterday Spent all day sighting it in. It shoots low, very low. I tried two scopes and two different sets of rings. I had to shim the rear rings to get it to center. Anyone else have this issue?

Written on: 31/07/2006

Hi sportytj on 30th Jul 2006. Thank you for your input / question....I have both RWS 34&#039;s with scopes .One(1) each in .177 and .22. The .177 has the RWS 350 scope (cheapie 4x32 ) it&#039;s ok . My .22 has the better RWS 300 scope it is a LOT nicer and is longer and clearer with better cross hairs and has AO
As for the guns, they are BOTH new production runs? I would guess made in 2006.
They both feel/cock/and look the same, BUT for some reason I like the .22 better.
I can&#039;t just say why? It seems to be more accurate and seems a bit smoother cocking. It does have a harder recoil etc.
The .177 has a LOT of Power and I use them both mostly for just killing Paper/twigs and fun stuff to see if I can knock it off/over or shatter it . I use the .177 on chipmonks/mice/moles.
The .22 on coons/possums/ground hogs. I am going to put JM tune kit set in both guns starting with the .22 first. Not sure if I am going full blown Tune Set or just the spring?
My guns BOTH like RWS ( Meisterkrugen (spelling)?? Wad cutters (.177 is I think 8.3 grns) (.22 is I think 14 ish something grns). My .22 does NOT LIKE ANY BRAND HEAVY PELLET !!!!!!!
So anyway hope this helps ....Take care have fun be safe .........Jerry

Sportytj's Response to JerryL99's Review

Written on: 30/07/2006

hey jerry im looking to get a new gun ive got the .22 rws 34 and like it alot except its heavy with a scope. Should i go ahead and get .177 rws 34 lol? I'm considering a walmart daisy powerline 1000 or gamo shadow but for only a couple twentys more i could go german. Humm

Sportytj's Response to JerryL99's Review

Written on: 29/07/2006

I belive the RWS gun is the best warranty in any industry! I'm talking cars, planes and trains, electronics lol. I've been told you send the gun back to nj and they either fix it or order a new gun for you. Gamo has a lifetime limited warranty but isn't the same thing from what i've been told. Way to go diana/rws.

Written on: 13/06/2006

As posted above I have 2 RWs 34&#039;s in .177 and .22. They are both new . I am planning to shot them in about 1000 -1500 shots each then would like to send them off for/to a tuner???
Does anyone have any preferances? More over what will that do to my life time warranty with RWS??? Has anyone had any experience with this? I am thinking of using Charlie Da Tuna?? is there any other tunners that come highly recommended?

Thank you all ...replys. Have fun ...shoot safe ...make all your shots count ...and may they all be 10&#039;s and all shots over cutting the prior one ...... Jerry.