Navman 520i Review

• Clarity of Instructions

• Map Accuracy

ladygolfer's review of Navman 520i

Navman 520i

“I bought a stand alone Sat Nav instead of using...”

Written on: 07/06/2006 by ladygolfer (1 review written)

The only good point is the size

Very slow in picking up inital position
Maps out of date
Loses position very easily

General Comments
I bought a stand alone Sat Nav instead of using organisers with an attachment. The Navman 520i is a complete waste of money. I have nearly thrown the thing out of the car window in frustration at its lack of directions/wrong direction/losing signal.

For example it can take up to 15 minutes to get a GPS Signal and position. The unit will try take you on and off Motorways via Bridges and motorway service areas! In one case I was told to turn left, turn right perform a you turn - all while stationary in the centre of London.

I have tried performing an upgrade in Software to see if these problems would be solved - alas no and I now have an American voice advising me to take the first left at the traffic circle!

I would advise anyone considering the product to take a very large detour around it and get a Tom Tom One - which is a cheaper quicker and far superior product.