NTL Review

• Reception

• Reliability

• Extra Features

jwalker1's review of NTL

NTL customer service was appalling. When I took out...”

Written on: 06/06/2006 by jwalker1 (1 review written)

Phone, Internet and TV package originally good value.
Installations were done quickly.

See below.

General Comments
NTL customer service was appalling. When I took out the contract, I was assured that I would be able to cancel the policy if I moved to an area that did not have NTL coverage, without penalty. When I moved out of the area I was told my contract would be cancelled, then that I was unable to cancel it. That it would be suspended for three months, and then I could cancel it. That I needed to pay the remainder of the contract. Then, the money was all taken from my bank account after I was told specifically that no payments would be made. When calling to complain I was passed from department to department, many of whom were only open 10-4 and closed on weekends. I was told I would be called back and hung up on on many occasions.

Most recently they have been unable to tell me the prices of their calls to mobiles and have given me incorrect figures. They even tried to tell me at first when asked I had a year left of their £9.99 Internet package, when my bill clearly stated it was £9.99 for 6 months.

A truly appalling service!