E45 Cream Review

michael0586's review of E45 Cream

E45 Cream

“I have been using E45 cream for about 2 weeks and I am...”

Written on: 05/06/2006 by michael0586 (4 reviews written)

No smell
Lasts all day
Absorbs easily

Maybe just the price

General Comments
I have been using E45 cream for about 2 weeks and I am a total convert!!

I actually first used E45 when I was about 16, and I used it on my face because I was shaving every day and my skin was dry and sore. It corrected the problem, but I found that I broke out in spots.

Anyway, after about a month I noticed a rash began on my arms, neck, chest and legs. After using Sudocrem for almost 2 weeks the rash was just getting worse and worse. So off I went to the doctors, and he said it could be a possible allergy or eczema. The doctor was quite rude and unhelpful, but prescribed me a cream of which I got from the chemist. After a week of using this cream the rash had got much worse and it had spread up my neck and was becoming painful and unsightly. So back I went to the doctors. This time he said that I had psoriasis, to my shock! He gave me another cream, along with a prescription for E45.

I got the cream from the chemist, but decided to go to Superdrug to purchase the E45 as it's much cheaper than paying for it on prescription. It cost me £6.49 for a 500ml tub, whereas the doctor was going to make me pay £6.45 for a 100ml tube.

I began by applying the prescription cream to my neck and the E45 only to my body. After a week, my skin did feel smoother on my arms, but my neck was flared up and very sore. So, after working a full weekend then the bank holiday, along with wearing a shirt and tie, my neck was red raw. By this point, I was sick, upset and just annoyed that this rash was not getting any better. So, on getting home from work very tired, I went to the bathroom and covered my neck in E45, a very thick layer, which instantly cooled my neck down, and decided to go to bed for a nap.

I awoke about an 3 hours later... long nap!! looked in the mirror and the cream had absorbed in, and to my surprise, the rash was a lot better and no longer itchy! So before bed that night I did the same again; layering the cream, and on awaking the next morning, my rash has dramatically improved.

From then on I have been rubbing the cream in of a morning and just layering it on at night to let it soak in while I sleep, then along with rubbing it in over the rest of my body. Amazingly, I no longer have a rash on my neck, my chest is now clear, and the spots on my arms and legs have began to clear up.

This cream is easily absorbed, except when using it on hair... What you ask.. my legs!! But, just rub it in and you will get there eventually. The cream has no smell to it which I like, as I wear aftershave and body spray, which means it doesn't effect the smell.

My cream has lasted about 2 weeks, and I have just bought another tub today. I think this tub will last a lot longer, as my last tub, I was using a lot of it; up to 5 times a day, and I now only use it twice.

The cream is a bit on the pricey side, but it is well worth it, and once you see the effect, I don't think you will mind paying.

Overall, I think that this is a miracle cream. I lost all my confidence due to having psoriasis, but now I feel much better, and hope that using the cream daily will keep it at bay, as well as keeping my skin soft, smooth and glowing!!

I would have no hesitation in recommending this cream, and say that if you have dry skin then it's a must have. I've noticed that no one else has written a review about using E45 on psoriasis, so I thought it was time for those of you out there that have it know that there's a product that may help!!

Thanks for reading.