Crosman 2100 Review

• Accuracy

• Handling

badbs101.'s review of Crosman 2100

“This was my first pellet rifle/ bb gun. I think that...”

Written on: 10/04/2003 by badbs101. (1 review written)

Lightweight, Inexpensive, reasonably accurate

Plastic stock, build quality, hard to load BB magazine...

General Comments
This was my first pellet rifle/ bb gun. I think that for the money, the Crosman 2100 is a great rifle. Accuracy is adequate and power is fair when up to 10 pumps are used. If you are used to a BB gun, the jump to a pellet rifle is huge. This is a great gun to make that jump with. It gave me a case of airgun infatuation that I haven't been able to shake to this day. Although I've moved on and sold my old Crosman 2100, I fondly remember it and would not hesitate to recommend it to a youth interested in cutting their teeth in the sport. I've heard of those that have been able to hunt small birds with this gun successfully and knowing how well it does on 10 pumps, I believe them. My brother used his succesfully on squirrels that were stealing his birdseed. A ten pump shot to the head does the trick. I suppose it is a little light to seriously hunt with, but it's not out of the question as it can acheive velocities of 700+ FPS. I'm trying to get my brother to upgrade to the Benjamin/Sheridan. I liked the trigger on my Crosman 2100 better than the trigger on my twice as expensive Gamo. Also, it was easier to point and handle.

• Accuracy