Gibson Les Paul Standard Review

• Sound Quality

• Appearance

Jeremy T's review of Gibson Les Paul Standard

Gibson Les Paul Standard

“I rediscovered playing my guitar again and wanted...”

Written on: 27/05/2006 by Jeremy T (1 review written)

Great sound, well made, fantastic finish

Heavy

General Comments
I rediscovered playing my guitar again and wanted something new. I spent An afternoon trying a whole bunch of guitars, I started with a Les Paul playing through a Peavy which I thought was OK then an SG standard which was OK, great reach to the higher frets but the sound was a bit thin, then an SG 61 reissue with a nice sound but even thinner. Then an American Strat deluxe HSS, didn't like at all, nice neck but no depth, then a Deluxe strat also OK but no soul. Then I picked up the Les Paul again and WOW it just ROCKS the sound was so strong, the output from the pickups is huge yes it heavy and yes the reach up the high end of the fret board takes some work but the sound is just so strong, Back off the tone and its dirty, raunchy and rocks. Get the tone on and it sings like a strat but just MORE. I'm going to get a full set up done and change the strings to 9's but i just love it, it's the king the rest are just pretneders to the Les Paul crown. It's expensive but look on the net and get the best price the store will match it.

• Sound Quality

• Appearance

• Intermediate

Reviewer's Musical Standard