Canon A1 Review

• Photograph Quality

Stephen Anthony's review of Canon A1

“Starting last year I decided to get back into...”

Written on: 19/05/2006 by Stephen Anthony (1 review written)

Strong build
Excellent results
Cheap extras
The best value for money film SLR out there at the moment

My wife won't let me buy a third body

General Comments
Starting last year I decided to get back into photography after leaving it alone for 20 years, so I joined a local club and blended into the background and watched and learned. I purchased a couple of Nikon autofocus SLR's (F55 & F65), but the results were disappointing, then I spotted a Canon A1 on Ebay and took a risk and purchased it for £45. Also included in the sale was a Canon 28mm f2.8 wide angle lens. This combination and the amazing Fujichrome Velvia 50 slide film this year won me (best slide, best colour, and most original slide) a great haul in my first year. I will never part with my A1, but most of all I wish to thank all of you who have switched to digital and helped top quality film gear to be purchased for peanuts.

• 6 - 12 Months

Time Camera Owned

• Photograph Quality

Kriptone's Response to Stephen Anthony's Review

Written on: 27/05/2006

I have both (A1 and T90) and while the A1 is superb the T90 is out of this world and definitely superior in terms of ergonomics, performance and specification. I also have a number of lenses: 24mm, 50mm. 28-200mm, 70-210mm and two 2x converters plus dedicated flash (300TL, works with A1 and T90). However have recently gone digital so am looking to sell my 35mm equipment.If you can persuade the wife it really IS a good idea, would you be interested???