Hawkshead Review

dizzydot's review of Hawkshead

Hawkshead need to smarten up their act with regards to...”

Written on: 13/05/2006 by dizzydot (4 reviews written)

Clothing is good value for money and generally well made. I used to visit a shop within a few miles and buy direct, and try the clothes on first.

Abysmal customer service. I have, like other reviewers, been waiting for a response from "customer service" since end February when I returned an item. They are quick to take your money but dreadful at returning it! No response to emails or a letter enclosing a copy of the returns certificate. Phone calls have been unsuccessful, and I couldn't get through despite trying several times on different days/times and holding on for 10 minutes. I won't order from them again until I receive my refund.

General Comments
Hawkshead need to smarten up their act with regards to Customer Service. They have been taken over by a larger company - part of GUS I believe, hence the sharp downturn in what used to be an effective organisation. It's a shame that what started as a family firm with good customer relations now fails to make the grade.