Ayr, Heads of Ayr Review

Lawrenma2's review of Ayr, Heads of Ayr

“We called Heads of Ayr in advance to book, and she...”

Written on: 11/05/2006 by Lawrenma2 (31 reviews written)

Nice views of hills and water.

See below

General Comments
We called Heads of Ayr in advance to book, and she said there was no need as they were quiet at the moment, and we explained that we would arrive Friday night after work.

We arrived at the campsite to find the office was closed, but a helpful lady in the bar showed me where to pitch the tent, and where the toilets were (fortunately). She told me the office shut at 5pm, and to check in the following morning.

After the initial shock of finding that the pitch for tents was in a kids play park, we decided to go to the restaurant for some food, to be told that the restaurant would be closed until further notice, and we were invited to purchase a packet of peanuts as an alternative. When I called to book I should have been made aware of this!

Also, the Electric hook-up was tied up with tape.

Both the toilets in the bar area and camp area do not have any soap, and my good lady pointed out that there were no sanitation bins in either of the toilets. The shower facilities were less than hygienic with cigarette butt marks, and spiders webs around the toilet doors.

The following day I went to check-in at the shop / office and thought I'd pick up some food, to find they had a very limited selection, and the shop was really only good for rolls and newspapers.

My fianc e became very upset at this point, and at the so-called 4 star rating it has been given. I complained about all of the points listed above, and told them I didn't feel I should pay for the less than poor service. Rather than the lady listening to my points or an apology, she was rather dismissive and told me to "just go".

I know I sound like Victor Meldrew, and it really isn't my nature to complain, as I'm not a snob and didn't expect Buckingham Palace, but I did expect some sort of standard.

Mandy1967's Response to Lawrenma2's Review

Written on: 24/09/2008

I found this review helpful because...I have been to Heads of Ayr and it is so bad I had to drive away again. Truly dreadful place!