Dell Latitude D620 Review

• Screen Quality

• Battery Life

littlenick's review of Dell Latitude D620

Dell Latitude D620

“Far better than D600 that was replaced with the D620. ”

Written on: 09/05/2006 by littlenick (3 reviews written)

Fast - runs about as fast as a 3.4Ghz HT P4 with 1GB ram using SuperPI at 1M setting.
Nice touchpad - one of the best I have used
Very quiet - even when using maximum CPU
Appears to be well made, but so did the D600 and the 9100! Give it a year or so and we'll see

Dell's customer support - poor at the best of times
Battery life - less than 3 hours unless you buy the better battery

General Comments
Far better than D600 that was replaced with the D620.

The Dell customer support is still extremely poor, I contacted them to make sure I could use the Docking station we have for the D600 with the D620 and was passed around 6 different people. It took me over an hour to find out it could be used. I gave up trying to get the D600 fixed even though it has 3 years warranty because they messed me around so much.

Wouldn't recommend it because of my previous problems with Dell laptops, have had a 9100 which went pop 3 times and took 2 weeks to fix each time, the D600 which is falling apart even though it was treated well. D620 looks much better but if we have a problem the technical support is awful and removes all the good points ten fold! Before you think why I bought another Dell - we had to, we have a specialist PCI card in the laptops docking station and the company that supplied the card only supports Dell products.

• Between 1 - 4 Weeks