Gigabyte GA-7N400 Pro 2 Review

• Ease of Set Up

ltooz06's review of Gigabyte GA-7N400 Pro 2

Gigabyte GA-7N400 Pro 2

“I built my computer with 2500+ Barton core, 1GB Dual...”

Written on: 03/05/2006 by ltooz06 (3 reviews written)

Quality, comes with everything you need, solid, stable

Overclocking settings, only 2 SATA connectors, but it was in the dawn of SATA anyhow.

General Comments
I built my computer with 2500+ Barton core, 1GB Dual channel Kingston 2700, ATI AIW9000, NECDVDburner, BENQ lightscribe (new), 5 drives (200GB SATA-Maxtor, 120GB SATA-WDC, 2-120GB MAXTOR-133, 120GB-WDC), generic case with (5) 80mm fans (top,side,front,back).

I make lots of DVD movies for my family and I used many types of software: Pinnacle studio 9, Premier 1.5 pro, DVDlab pro, TMPEG authoring 1.5, Jasc photos. Although there are many problems with these software listed which cause computer to hang in their forums, but my computer never hangs.

OVERCLOCKING OR NOT on this board,

Using DVDLAB 1.5 PRO to compile 1.82GB dvd with motion menu and chapters:

1. FSB=166, everything else is normal, RAM setting @ 6-2-2-3 = 5:46 sec total

2. FSB=182, everything else is normal, RAM setting @ 6-2-2-3 = Blue screen oD

3. FSB=182, V-CPU +5%, DIMM +.2V setting @8-3-3-3 = 6:05 sec total

4. FSB=190, V-CPU +5%, DIMM +.2V setting @8-3-3-3 = 5:57 sec total

5. FSB=190, V-CPU +5%, DIMM +.2V setting @8-4-4-3 = 6:16 sec total

So, to get the myth of overclocking out of the way, the setting of the SDRAM is the most important. I do DVD rendering, therefore setting #1 is great for me, I don't put stress on my CPU or my mother board. The CPU temp = 50C when the system = 34C, overclocked to 190 CPU temp =62C. Make your choice.

Cheers,