Junghans Mega Solar Review

ERP Guy's review of Junghans Mega Solar

Junghans Mega Solar

“The Junghans Mega Solar watch is a good looking watch...”

Written on: 04/04/2006 by ERP Guy (30 reviews written)

Solar powered
Modern design

Sometimes runs out of power during winter if not exposed to enough sunlight

General Comments
The Junghans Mega Solar watch is a good looking watch that uses solar power to charge the battery, and updates the time via a radio transmitter in Germany. It changes to and from BST automatically.

Changing time to account for time zones is very simple with the press of a button.

Rpsommers's Response to ERP Guy's Review

Written on: 10/03/2009

I bought this watch (http://www.junghanstime.co.uk/junghansstratoswatches.htm, black face) in Aug 06 (it is now Mar 09) and it is one of the best things I have ever purchased, and I have bought a few nice cars and hifi etc in my time. If you are the kind of person to appreciate quality engineering, you will love this. Mine has never run out of power, although I don't doubt this is possible. What I like about it, in no particular order:
<br/>
<br/>- its looks. understated but sophisticated
<br/>- its robustness; still looks new. Face, body and strap all gleam
<br/>- the feel. Take it off and feel it, it oozes quality
<br/>- its concept. Always right, never needs a battery, never needs to be opened so always waterproof
<br/>- travelling to other timezones preserves the time
<br/>- change to/from summertime and never needing to change the date. The summertime change saved my wife and I from a missed appointment once when we forgot and all our clocks were an hour slow.
<br/>- the build quality. The second hand lines up perfectly with the seconds.
<br/>- its 'honesty' and dependability (I guess you could call it lack of pretentiousness). In a gadget crazed world this does exactly what it is supposed to do and with sublime efficiency, which is kind of refreshing.
<br/>- its price. it's a bargain, likely the only watch you will ever need (I would buy another if it ever failed).
<br/>
<br/>Thanks for reading :-)