Epiphone Sheraton II Review

• Sound Quality

• Appearance

BSAKing's review of Epiphone Sheraton II

Epiphone Sheraton II

“I love the Epiphone Sheraton II electric guitar! I...”

Written on: 28/03/2006 by BSAKing (1 review written)

This is a simply wonderful guitar for the money. The fittings on it are wonderful, and out of the box with standard hardware it has a deep mellow sound.

As someone else mentioned, the nut is high and it will need replacing.

General Comments
I love the Epiphone Sheraton II electric guitar! I have read reviews knocking the pickups and pots/switching, but I have no issue personally with those - no scratchiness at all, and the sound is very mellow. I do notice the input jack is rather wobbly, and I will probably replace it, although there is no static with it. The nut does need attention for sure. Mine is a '94 vintage, and I tried a few before I found one where the neck felt 'right'. This is the same with many guitars, so it is not a knock, just a comment.

The price point on this thing is a major draw, as are the finish and the looks! For the price, unless you are very well heeled, or a professional musician and can justify the expense, forget the Gibson counterpart. I really do find this to be a very, very nice player.

• Sound Quality

• Appearance