Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird Review

• Build quality

• Reliability

welsh ninja's review of Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

“This is my second Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird in 3 yrs....”

Written on: 25/03/2006 by welsh ninja (1 review written)

Engine, all day comfort, reliability, build quality, tank range.

Linked brakes, lack of front suspension adjustment.

General Comments
This is my second Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird in 3 yrs. I have fitted Ohlins rear shock to my present model (fuel injected) and it has totally altered the handling (pity about the front end though). It's still a very quick bike with all day two up comfort. Just waiting to see what Honda bring out in the near future as a replacement. I would recommend a Blackbird to anyone, top piece of kit, it will chase anything on the road, tour across the continent and worry a few sports bike riders on trackdays. Try one, you never know, you might like it.

• 2000

Year Manufactured

• 2yrs

Length of ownership

• Build quality

• Reliability

261042_Rooroy's Response to 235648_welsh ninja's Review

Written on: 26/09/2006

I bought my Honda Blackbird back in mid 2003. It's a black injected 2000 model, and I fitted an Ohlins rear shock and Ohlins springs to the front. This has upgraded the bikes handling immensely, and has turned it into a semi-sports bike. I have such confidence with its handling now, that the hero knobs basically fell off after relentless grinding, and now the exhausts are being introduced to the bitumen. Of course this has also led to some fairing damage, but this Bird goes around corners. I have put 94,800 km on the clock and have had it serviced every 6,000 km by Honda. The bike runs like a dream, starts every time, does not use a drop of oil or water, and it just keeps on going. The only items I have replaced on this bike are, tyres, sprockets, chain (twice) and a headlight globe. Clutch and battery still going strong. I cannot recommend a Blackbird highly enough. There are bikes out there that are faster these days, but in the right hands it is still tough to beat.