BMW M3 Review

• Performance

• Practicality

• Reliability

mboon's review of BMW M3

“I have had my 1996 BMW M3 Saloon 3.0 for about 4...”

Written on: 14/03/2006 by mboon (2 reviews written)

Power, handling, reliability.

Fuel, Tyres!!!

General Comments
I have had my 1996 BMW M3 Saloon 3.0 for about 4 months now. The car is great. The tyres are not the car just eats them and the fuel.

Anyway I haven't had any problems at the moment apart from the brake pads having to be replaced which is not the car's fault.

A lot of people go on about Evos etc but I agree with the guy at the top of this forum. Evo's are great for a couple years but when you go to sell it, which you will, can you honestly tell the person who's looking at it that you haven't hammered it into the ground? Every one knows they get punished which is why people buy them. I know my M3 is older but I am sure it's just as reliable as the New Evos of today. Maybe not off the mark it's as quick but it will keep very close and guaranteed to fly past as soon as it hits third gear. The power is shown going down the motorways, I have the model that came out just before the 155mph limiter and it's scary. The car will def do 155 mph! Remember this when your looking for a very fast car and your choice is the Evo, Impreza or the slightly more expensive M3. What will hold its value! Not knocking the power of these cars. I only have the 3.0 version with 281 brake (I mean only) I have spoken to people who have the M3 Evos of this generation and they will give anything a go in its range. Besides which what sounds better. I got a Mitsubishi or I have got a BMW?? Speaks for itself.

• 1996

Year Manufactured