Qualcast Easi-Lite 28 Hover Review

absintheboy's review of Qualcast Easi-Lite 28 Hover

Qualcast Easi-Lite 28 Hover

“I chose the Qualcast Easi-Lite 28 Hover lawn mower as...”

Written on: 13/03/2006 by absintheboy (5 reviews written)

Price
Reliability

Blades short lived
Hard to push on damp grass

General Comments
I chose the Qualcast Easi-Lite 28 Hover lawn mower as our (fairly small) garden is somewhat uneven. Figuring a tilting hover mower would suit the lawn, we went for this model and have regretted it ever since.

I suppose it does the job, but on the bumps and ruts it can be awfully hard to push, and I am a big strong chap! When the grass gets damp things just get worse, and the thing bogs down in the slightest of dips in the grass. I typically find two of the weedy plastic cutting blades are needed each time I mow, regardless of whether I find any unexpected objects in the grass. Hover it over the path as the other reviewer suggests and you can make that three blades. No wonder they come in packs of 20!

Having owned it for five years, my one wish is that it would break down. However, I can report that leaving it out in the rain didn't achieve this, so reliability is a plus.

Absintheboy's Response to absintheboy's Review

Written on: 11/03/2012

Hey it's me again. I eventually gave this mower away to my parents who wanted to use it to mow a small patch of lawn beside a summer house (they had a 21 inch big petrol rotary mower for the main lawn). It was used a couple of times then sent to the tip. They disliked it as much as I did.