Sony Ericsson P800 Review

• Reception

• Style

Charlie Morgan.'s review of Sony Ericsson P800

Sony Ericsson P800

“Yet another potentially cracking phone that has not...”

Written on: 16/03/2003 by Charlie Morgan. (1 review written)

Very Clear display, Lots of fabulous features.

No predictive text. Cannot set up text delivery reports. Problems with syncronisation to your PC if you have an Athlon proccessor. PDA features a bit resticted.

General Comments
Yet another potentially cracking phone that has not been fully sorted. Looks and functions better without that irritating flip keypad.

• Reception

• Style

82854_Jerry.'s Response to 80382_Charlie Morgan.'s Review

Written on: 25/03/2003

You'll always have problems syncronising with a PeeCee. No worries for Mac users.

105502_Hedona.'s Response to 80382_Charlie Morgan.'s Review

Written on: 09/06/2003

Hi Von, thanks for your detailed reply. I've just upgraded to a Sony Ericsson T610 which has bluetooth, though i was unable to sync with my Palm Tungsten. Instead i used infrared to send contact and calendar entries from Palm to phone which worked well. However, I am having the T610 exchanged today as it has a 'hissing' sound which apparently is a bug and it caused a recall of all T610s in Singapore when it launched back in April. Fingers crossed, the new T610 I am getting today will not have the 'hissing' sound.

104995_Von.'s Response to 80382_Charlie Morgan.'s Review

Written on: 07/06/2003

Hedona, the P800 will synch with your Palm in a number of ways. 1. via your PC of Mac, that is how I sync. 2. via IrDa, that is how I sync on the move. I do not have a bluetooth PDA, but I know that the P800 will communicate via bluetooth for say latest traffic updates via GPRS on the phone fed to the PDA via bluetooth. Bluetooth is basically depedant upon the apps you have on your Palm. As far as teh comment about you not needing your Palm if you get a P800, that is simply not true. I have an iPAQ (forced by work) & my P800 & both serve their own distinct purposes.
<br>
<br>The screen on your Palm (& my iPAQ) is larger than the P800 & so better suited for long documents. The memory capacity of the P800 is not yet up there as far as a dedicated PDA. The P800 will currently go as far as a 128MB Memory Stick Duo with larger capacities yet to become available whereas on my iPAQ I have over 1GB of SD & CF storage (MP3 & Video certainly waste space as well as my project plans, presentations & documents).
<br>
<br>However, I nearly always have my P800 on me, but not so often my iPAQ. So the P800 is synced with my PC & my iPAQ on a regular basis.

104770_Graham.'s Response to 80382_Charlie Morgan.'s Review

Written on: 06/06/2003

Reception: 3 stars
<br>Overall: 2 stars

85018_Hedona.'s Response to 80382_Charlie Morgan.'s Review

Written on: 01/04/2003

I've been using my Palm for a few months now, it'd be a shame to get rid of it. Guess will have to find another phone which as bluetooth and is tri-band- any ideas?

84957_Jerry.'s Response to 80382_Charlie Morgan.'s Review

Written on: 01/04/2003

Probably could but no need for the Palm Pilot as this phone is already a PDA. Why would you require two PDA's?

83592_Hedona.'s Response to 80382_Charlie Morgan.'s Review

Written on: 27/03/2003

Can you synchronise this phone with a Palm Pilot e.g. Tungsten T? Am looking to get a bluetooth phone with is compatible with my Palm- any suggestions?